VALS-ASLA Study Day 2021 / Online
The study day on 11 June 2021 focuses on the interrelations between different forms of mobility, language competences and practices, and the education system. One of the main foci is on the mobility of pupils, students and (future) teachers. In the Swiss education system, mobility takes place across school levels in various forms and facets, e.g. in the form of traditional language exchange, study trips, internships in other language regions, student or teacher mobility.
Papers in this interdisciplinary research field are possible and welcome in the following areas:
- Forms of educational mobility and their relation to the development of linguistic and intercultural competences and repertoires
- Multilingual and transcultural practices in mobility scenarios that traditionally focus primarily on a 'target language' or 'target culture’
- Possibilities and limitations of diagnostics and measurement of target-language and multilingual or intercultural competence in the context of mobility
- Comparison of practices and discourses of short-term mobility (e.g. exchange semesters) and migration as long-term mobility
- Interrelations between mobility, social discourses and linguistic identities