The University of Teacher Education (PHSG) offers an International Class during the spring semester. PHSG welcomes teacher education students from all over the world.
Term of the International Class 2017
|2017||February 16 ||May 26|
The objectives of the course are for participants to
- interact with students, teachers and staff from other countries, cultures and backgrounds
- make progress in essential primary school subjects
- improve and progress in English and – as an optional subject – German
- practise acquired competencies and skills in preprimary and primary schools
Special features of the programme
- unique blend of academic courses and practical activities (e.g. arts and crafts, teaching knowledge of English, basic course in German, sports and literaturean screen)
- one external day a week on a different subject (e.g. Switzerland’s official languages or industrialisation around Lake Constance)
- International Class participants join domestic students for two trans-curricular weeks
- participants get to do a two-week internship in a primary school or kindergarden
- candidates must have completed their first year of university studies in their home country
- students must stay for the whole term, i.e. from Wednesday Week 7 until Friday week 21.
- candidates must have good skills in English, both oral and written (at least level B2 of the Common Reference Levels described in the European Language Portfolio, which corresponds, for example, to the Cambridge First Certificate of English)
- candidates must make a formal application
- applications must include a letter in English giving reasons for wanting to attend the course
- students must have their own portable computer
- experience of teaching will be welcome
Credit evaluationPHSG uses the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS). One credit corresponds to 25-30 hours of workload. Over the course of the entire semester, students can gain up to 30 ECTS, depending on the number of compulsory and optional courses they take.
Details / Information for IC 2016